Filezilla is one of the best File Transfer Protocol (FTP) programs around and is so popular that many hosting sites give step by step instructions on how to use it to access them. There is also a site manager so it is easy to setup and save multiple servers for quick access.
To install Filezilla on Kubuntu open up Konsole and type,
sudo apt install filezilla
After installation it can be found in the Applications Menu under Applications/Internet or by selecting the Applications Menu and typing its name.
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Refactored how the queue stores transfer flags Refactored internals to be more modular Linux: Disable receive buffer tuning if it results in unexpected consequences Distinguish between Cancel and No in the file changed dialog Small fixes to changing or disabling a master password
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Minor fixes to Tardigrade integration
- New features:Update Storj/Tardigrade integration, now based on the uplink-c library Bugfixes and minor changes:Fix layout issues in the Site Manager if switching protocol Restored natural sort option for file list sorting
- By adding support for the OpenStack Swift Keystone v3 identity service, OneDrive Sharing, and Amazon Secure Token Service (STS). FileZilla Pro is making it possible for its users to store and share files with greater versatility and security. Read the full news.
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Fixed selection changes not being reflected in the Site Manager in some circumstances
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Fixed retrying initial connection attempts
- Bugfixes and minor changes:MSW: Tab bar icons now scale on high-DPI displays The sizing and spacing of several dialogs has been improved on high-DPI displays MSW: Fix visual glitches when changing the selected site in the Site Manager When creating a new tab, the pane sizes are now inherited from the previous tab. macOS: Additional […]
- Bugfixes and minor changes:If FileZilla is configured to restore open tabs on startup, the directory trees no longer shrink in size
- Fixed vulnerabilities:MSW: The settings directory is now initially created with tight permissions restricted to the user's account. Previously the directory could have had inherited too wide permissions if a custom location outside the user's profile directory had been preconfigured. New features:Redesigned certificate dialog During directory comparison and comparative search, Ctrl+Shift+A can now be used to […]
- Fixed vulnerabilities:Custom associations for file extensions containing spaces were not saved correctly